If you’ve recently moved to Long Island, you may be searching for a nearby church for your family to attend. At Sound of Heaven church, you’ll experience Jesus in a whole new way. We encourage Long Island residents to come out on Sunday morning to worship with us and spend time in the presence of God with other believers who are genuinely interested in getting to know them. You’ll make new friends at Sound of Heaven and meet people who can help build your faith from service to service.
Can I Watch Church Service Online?
Online service can get the Word of God into homes around the world where it would otherwise never enter, and it can be a Godsend for church members who are feeling under the weather, but it was never designed as a substitute for attending a nearby church. The Apostle Paul reminds us through scripture that we are not to forsake the assembly, meaning simply that we are to do what it takes to gather together with Christians to perform the sacraments commanded by Jesus:
- Partaking in The Lord’s Supper, remembering Christ’s command to take the elements which represent his body and blood in remembrance of his sacrifice for our sin.
- Believe and be baptized in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Since it’s not possible to assemble with other Christians, partake in the supper, and baptize new believers while at home watching service online, it’s a requirement of a faithful Christian to attend a nearby church and help to build the body of Christ (his church).
Is There Room For Me in a Local Church?
There’s a unique place for you at Sound of Heaven. The Bible tells believers that the Holy Spirit has gifted them in a way in which no other person has been blessed, and that their gift should serve the church and community of believers. Find out God’s purpose for your life in connection with the local church when you attend Sound of Heaven and hear the living Word of God taught week after week. Even if it’s your first time attending church on a regular basis, you’ll feel like you’re being welcomed home at Sound of Heaven.
How Can I Discover My Spiritual Gift?
You probably already sense you’ve been gifted in some way to serve others, but you’ll never know the full extent of what God has in store for you until you ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart and eyes to scripture. Take the next steps in your walk with God:
- Attend a nearby church on Sunday, like Sound of Heaven
- Study the Bible or read scripture on a daily basis, even if it’s only for one or two minutes
- Get together with other Christians during the week to encourage one another in the things of God
- Set your heart on following Christ and keep your eyes focused on his life instead of on the world